Q. "Why do u blow-dry your Wash-N-Gos; doesn't that just makes you hair... 'poof'?"
- My main reason is my hair is tightly coiled towards the ends: Even though I love the way it looks in it's natural shrunken state and have worn it like that for years; as my hair got longer the more knots I had to battle with on wash days. Both on big chunks of sections and worst; single strands ones! This caused me quite a few setbacks, it's not a good fell running your strands between your fingers only to find 1-3 little knots from middle to ends. Now that I use the blow-dryer to enlogate my curls/kinks when I want to wear my hair out, I haven't had any problems with knots.
- My hair takes a long time to dry (longer than I like at least). It takes about twice as long with products added. It's no fun sitting around all day waiting for your hair to dry or leaving the house with wet hair... so I like to blow-dry.
- I LOVE BIG HAIR!: Yes, sometimes my hair has some poof to it; that's because I want it to. The degree of poof/frizz from this technique can easily be controlled by you.
Tips to prevent poof/frizz:
- Choosing products that give my hair the best definition and also add a little weight/hold
- And this is probably the most important: USING A NOZZLE ATTACHMENT TO BLOW-DRY
- Keeping the dryer going in one direction (downward) on my strands
- KEEPING MY HANDS OUT OF MY HAIR! no fluffing or shaking.
*Disclaimer (because I feel one is needed): I am in no way telling anyone to go out and fry their hair with a blow-dryer. This is just what works for ME personally.